May 17, 2019
Episode 65 - The 3 Dumbbells is now live!!!
We’ve been very quiet but we’re back!!!
This time we are interviewed by none other than Haydn Elliot. Long story short, we have a good old natter/chin wag and a real laugh!
- What we really think about social media.
- The importance of looking after yourself and putting yourself first.
- Our best moments of 2018.
- Our worst moments of 2018.
- What really irritates us about people (this is well worth a listen).
- What we’re looking forward to in 2019.
If you want a laugh and have missed our beautiful voices, then this episode is for you.
December 7, 2018
Episode 64 - The 3 Dumbbells is now live!!!
It’s back to just us 3 muppets again and in this episode we delve deep into the effects of pressure and how best to deal with it when we feel it.
- What is pressure and why does it affect so many people?
- Good and bad forms of pressure.
- Pressure on social media to be/look/act/feel a certain way.
- Peer pressure and how to avoid it.
- Our top tips on how to deal with pressure when faced with it.
Even though I recorded this episode alongside the other two boys and therefore I’d have quite a biased opinion, I would say this was a very good episode and worth downloading and spreading the news about. 🤷🏻♂😉👍🏼.
November 23, 2018
Episode 63 - The 3 Dumbbells is now live!!!
It’s worked!!!!! We managed to schedule another recording with the awesome Scott Baptie and pick his brains on all things training and nutrition.
Scott is a sports nutritionist, fat loss coach, author and fellow podcast host of The Food for Fitness podcast.
In this epic episode we discuss:
- His background and why he decided to go down the nutrition route.
- How he feels the industry has changed since he started 6-7 years ago.
- Fad diets and short term fixes.
- ‘Good vs Bad’ food.
- Online training and how he has built a business from going online.
- Method vs principle
- His take on supplements and whether he feels any are necessary to the average joe on the street.
All this and more in this belter of an episode. If you’re someone who’s struggling to drop body fat, feel like you’re plateauing with your goals, focusing too much on the finer details rather than addressing the bigger underlying issues etc. Then this is for you. Spread the word!
November 2, 2018
Epsiode 62 - The 3 Dumbbells is now live!!!
We are delighted to have Chessie King back on the show for her second run out.
Since having her on the podcast nearly a year ago, she has developed and flourished hugely, heading up amazing campaigns, representing some incredible brands and she’s even launched her own activewear range. The list goes on...
Nonetheless, we have brought her onto the show to talk about online bullying/‘cyber bullying’ and her experiences with it.
We talk about:
▪Her first hand experiences with cyber bullies/trolls.
▪How she used to react to comments and how it affected her.
▪Why we feel people create fake accounts in order to ridicule others. We try to get in the headspace of the trolls and understand why they do it.
▪Her top tips for dealing with the constant criticism, abuse and in worse case scenarios, death threats.
If you’re someone who has ever suffered from online bullying or bullying in general this episode is not one to be missed!
Feel free to reach out to and contact Chessie as she is fantastic at providing solutions and ways of dealing with such pressure. Don’t let them beat you. You are not alone!!
October 18, 2018
Episode 61 - With Mike Fantigrassi
We are exceptionally lucky to have The Director of Services and Master Instructor at NASM on our podcast today, Mr Mike Fantigrassi.
Mike has worked as a fitness manager, nutrition coach, personal trainer, master trainer and a metabolic technician so to say ‘he knows his stuff’ is the understatement of the century!
Firstly, a massive thank you to Mike for recording this podcast at 6am US time. I know what I’m like at 6am in the morning and I wouldn’t want 3 dodgy blokes from London Skype calling me asking be questions left right and rhubarb!!
- Mike’s backstory and how he entered into the fitness industry.
- How he feels the industry has changed since he first started and whether he feels it is changing for the better.
- His top tips for anyone entering into the fitness industry.
- How to generate business and market yourself.
- The importance of continued learning.
It’s a hugely informative episode and if anyone is looking to become a PT, is currently qualifying or has just qualified, this one is for you!!!
October 12, 2018
Episode 60 -The 3 Dumbbells is now live!!!
“Alright bruv it’s only Diren Kartal on the podcast”.
Having had his partner in crime, James Smith on the podcast a few weeks ago, it only felt right to see if James was chatting the truth or just a load of hot air, by interviewing his sidekick and potentially the man with all the brains behind it all..?!?!
We ask Diren all about his background and how the two of them met, locked eyes created a special bond and subsequently are the brains behind one of the most talked about and successful academies in the fitness industry.
We delve into:
- Diren’s entire back story and how he got to where he is today... (quite some story!!!)
- Why he got into Personal training and his thoughts on PT’s in general.
- The James Smith academy: what’s his role, how it works, what’s involved and why it’s different to anything else out there.
- Where he sees the industry going.
- His top tips for new trainers entering into the industry and what advice he would give to himself back when he was 18 years old.
This is a banger!!! Do NOT miss this one.
Tell your friends, tell your family, maybe avoid Granny... but spread the word. This message needs to get out there!
August 25, 2018
Episode 59 - The 3 dumbbells is now live!!!
⚠WARNING!⚠ this episode contains quite a bit of swearing and bad language.
We are joined by James Smith, one of the most talked about people in the fitness industry at the moment. His brash, direct and often eye brow raising approach has caused controversy, split opinion but ultimately lead to his sudden rise in popularity over the past year.
▪His journey and how he has got to where he is today.
▪Why he markets himself the way he does and if he has any regrets.
▪How he nearly failed at personal training and was forced into online training
▪How he had grown his online business and the importance of email marketing.
▪His experience with steroids and his body confidence issues
▪The impact he has had on the fitness industry.
This is quite some episode. Enough said. Tune in, spread the word and more importantly ENJOY!!!
And a huge thanks to Fresh Fitness Food for being our first ever sponsors! There might even be a cheeky comp that gets you a week of FREE bespoke meals. Tune in to find out how to enter!
August 17, 2018
Episode 58 - The 3 dumbbells is now live!!!
Having been such great guests on the WheyBox podcast (word on the grapevine: their best episode to date?!?), it was now our turn to host the Co founder of Whey Box, Mr Ben Thoy.
If you’re a fan of wheybox, or you take protein/supplements, or want guidance in setting up your own business, then this episode is for you!
▪The rollercoaster ride that has got Ben and Wheybox to where it is today.
▪The real difficulties he’s faced along the way and things to avoid if following in his footsteps.
▪The supplement industry and whether it’s one of the hardest industries to flourish in.
▪Setting up a business with some of your best mates... good or bad idea?
▪His top tips for starting your own business, whether it be a protein brand, or even selling personalised padlocks..? (That was the most random thing I could think of... 🔐)
▪What the future holds for Wheybox: his aspirations and plans.
This is yet another belter of an episode, so if you don’t tune in, we’ll padlock your front door. Only joking! We’ll lock your back door...
P.s. There's a cheeky 25% discount code included in this episode too!
August 10, 2018
Episode 57 - The 3 dumbbells is now live!!!
How to ‘evolve’ in the fitness industry with Dave and Ashton.
This is a first for us as we welcome on not 1 but 2 guests to the podcast.
Ash and Dave own and run Evolve, one of the most successful studios in London.
Based in Parsons Green, Evolve evolves (see what I did there) around small group PT and building a community of like minded people, in order to educate and help anyone who walks in through the front door.
- Their top tips on how to grow a successful business.
- The highs and the lows of running your own studio.
- Their thoughts on social media and whether it’s necessary for their business
- The importance of creating and providing a comfortable training environment.
All this and more in today’s belter of an episode.
If any of you speak Scottish this ones for you! 😉
August 3, 2018
Episode 56 - The 3 Dumbbells is now live!!!
Crossfit or Cross-shit?
What exactly is Crossfit?
Why is it so popular?
Why do so many people speak badly about it?
Is Crossfit a cult?
What are the benefits of Crossfit?
We tackle all of the above and more in today’s episode and explain the pros and cons of the sport, that has become so popular across the world in the past 5 years. There must be something good about it, right???
Please leave a review if you haven’t already. We massively appreciate it, and it helps the growth of the podcast, plus you get a little shout out, which you can tell your grandkids about it years to come! 😉👊🏼