April 3, 2020
Making killer content with Jamie and the Jam.
Today we are joined by none other than Jamie Keith, AKA Jamie and the Jam.
The man certainly knows how to hold a camera and has a face best suited to being behind the lens.
In this belter of an episode we discuss:
- His background and how he’s got to where he is today.
- The prevalence/importance of content in 2020
- His views on content creation & social media?
- Advice for someone wanting to use this lockdown time to get better at creating content but feels a bit lost? Could frame question specifically for personal trainers?
- What are the biggest mistakes he sees people make when creating content?
- What does he see happening re content and social media over the next 5-10years?
- What’s he doing/working on right now that his normal routine is affected due to lockdown?
- What’s the biggest thing he’s learned either generally or about himself since lockdown.
And finally... THE GAME!
Spread the word and ENJOY!
March 27, 2020
We may all be housebound at the moment but that ain’t stopping us from getting our weekly episode out!
The 3 of us are back together again after Seb’s week of isolation in Devon.
It’s a certain ginger’s birthday today as well so cause for celebration!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY INDIE!! 🎉🎁🎈🎊
- how best to live in isolation and avoid any form of cabin fever
- Our top tips on how to manage your day and create the best environment for you to work in.
- Staying positive throughout these otherwise rather negative times
- How we have all altered our normal routine to be as productive as possible.
Our weekly game is back! Will Indie break her duck on her birthday?!?
TUNE IN TO FIND OUT!!!
March 20, 2020
Who’s fucking b*red and wants cheering up??? It’s not all doom and gloom. We’re bringing strictly positive vibes into your ears this Friday.
In this beautifully wholesome episode we have our first guest on. Not only is he currently a serving Lieutenant in the Royal Navy, but he’s married to one of the dumbbells and can see off a pint quicker than you can say “oi that’s my pint”.
In this episode we discuss:
- how you can best utilise your time at home during self isolation.
- Maintaining positive mental health
- Dealing with cabin fever, (coming from a man who has experienced it quite literally...)
- Top tips on working and living in the same place.
And Ben hosts the weekly podcast game/challenge/entertainment. Who’s going to come out on top this time??
Will Fred continue his winning streak or will Indie manage to bring it back??
Tune in to find out! Spread the word and most importantly...
March 13, 2020
We live in a day and age where everyone is "soooooooo busy" the whole time. When was the last time you heard someone say "actually I'm free as a bird these days, got loads of time on my hands"? Never!
In this wicked episode we discuss:
- The reasons why people can't find time to train
- The b**lshit excuses we, as PTs hear
- Our top tips to combat these excuses
- And how just by altering the way you look at a situation can make all the difference.
If you are someone who falls into this category, or you know someone who does, then have a listen and share it with whoever would benefit.
It's a cracker!
March 6, 2020
Fred, Seb and Indie get absolutely smashed in this episode. It’s gets completely out of hand and highly inappropriate at times....
Imagine if that actually happened..? ☝🏼. Now there’s a thought 🤷🏼♂.
In this belter of an episode we talk all things ALCOHOL.
We discuss the facts surrounding alcohol and how it’s plays a huge part in the society we currently live in.
We tell stories of our own experiences with alcohol, play an alcohol themed game and discover who is the biggest lightweight out of the 3 of us.
This is an episode that you may want to crack open a cool beer for, put your feet up and ENJOY!!
Spread the word!
February 28, 2020
It’s time for seconds with Fred, Seb and Indie as they go headfirst into another episode.
How judgemental are you? Do you look at someone and immediately make an assumption? Do you judge a book by its cover?
We discuss all this and more in relation to Danny Cipriani’s fantastic Instagram video after the passing of his good friend.
We then lighten the mood with the start of a new segment in this series, the ‘5 minute challenge’. Hartley’s strawberry jelly may, or may not have been consumed in the making of this podcast. 🤷🏼♂
It’s an absolute belter if we do say so ourselves and it’s a real eye opener for a lot of people.
Spread the word!
February 21, 2020
2 guys 1 girl - Episode 1
In this first episode of 2 guys 1 girl, we go deep! We go so deep that we actually had to stop recording at one stage... oooops!
The 3 dumbbells has had a bit of a revamp and has a new member in its ranks. We have by no means replaced Mat, we have simply brought on a substitute to provide us with a bit of female energy.
We are super excited to introduce you all to the replacement ginger, Mrs Indie Allen aka. The Energetic Ginger Slug.
We have a big old catch up and discuss what we’ve been up to the past year and where we see this all going in the coming months.
It’s a cracker of a first episode if I do say so myself. Lots of laughs, a new jingle and some deep conversations!!
Enjoy and spread the word!!
July 19, 2019
The 3 Dumbbells - Episode 66 is now live!!!
We said we were back with a ‘We’re back’ episode a few months ago and it’s taken us this long to post another one. Stinker 🤦🏻♂.
However, this time we are properly back and we talk about everything we’ve been up to in the mini podcast sabbatical.
▪Taking proper time off and the benefits it has on your productivity when you’re back into a normal routine.
▪Our epic 24 hour experience with Land and Wave down in Dorset.
▪Our plans for the coming months and where we want to take the podcast.
Strap yourselves in for more sweet sounds from Fred, Seb and Mat
May 17, 2019
Episode 65 - The 3 Dumbbells is now live!!!
We’ve been very quiet but we’re back!!!
This time we are interviewed by none other than Haydn Elliot. Long story short, we have a good old natter/chin wag and a real laugh!
- What we really think about social media.
- The importance of looking after yourself and putting yourself first.
- Our best moments of 2018.
- Our worst moments of 2018.
- What really irritates us about people (this is well worth a listen).
- What we’re looking forward to in 2019.
If you want a laugh and have missed our beautiful voices, then this episode is for you.
December 7, 2018
Episode 64 - The 3 Dumbbells is now live!!!
It’s back to just us 3 muppets again and in this episode we delve deep into the effects of pressure and how best to deal with it when we feel it.
- What is pressure and why does it affect so many people?
- Good and bad forms of pressure.
- Pressure on social media to be/look/act/feel a certain way.
- Peer pressure and how to avoid it.
- Our top tips on how to deal with pressure when faced with it.
Even though I recorded this episode alongside the other two boys and therefore I’d have quite a biased opinion, I would say this was a very good episode and worth downloading and spreading the news about. 🤷🏻♂😉👍🏼.